I want to write today ...a poem by Asif Sultan Matta

I want to write today...
Asif Sultan
28-08-2017

I want to write today...
Let my Muses be sullen, thus away
The ink arid and my pen sterile
And heart devoid of feelings
But I want to write today...

How long shall I keep apraising
The ink-flow of my comrades
And teach pupils 'how to write'?
To get a spur to write?
And drain impeded streams?

No, let me hold a dagger
And slit all my veins
And let clogged blood drip
To paint a crimson castle 
Out of it, to give home to my pain
I want to write today...


I can't afford not to write
Can't be now imprisoned within 
this writer's block
Is it or it isn't? 
Can't let myself be dazed in this crock

Let me fill my fountain pen
With wine of coal black ink
and let it stumble on dull paper, 
I've been afraid to fill
For I want to write today...

Witty or silly be my poem
Let ye not call it even a poem
Rhyme and rhythm be absent in it
And its syntax fallacious
I have to write, I want to write
So, I'm writing today...

Comments

  1. Woh!it is awesome air. I am proud that I am your student

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ANCHORING SCRIPT (ANNUAL FUNCTION) MADE BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.

Anchoring Script for Fancy Dress Competition

QIRAT COMPETITION (ISLAMIC SEMINAR) ANCHORING SCRIPT BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.