My Beloved Teacher- a poem by Asif Sultan Matta


My Beloved Teacher
Asif Sultan Matta
2:00 am. 16th March 2015


My mentor, my comrade, my healer & soothe
Curious, Critical & the seeker of truth

Teacher of life and reality of dreams,
Like a shining moon his face gleams

Failing in thanking made me restless
Made me tremble and turned sleepless

Haled me to ablute at mid-night and pray
Concern of yours and the favors you bade

Tears trickle down out of my eyes
Feeling of thanks for looking up skies

Mercy and long life I plead for you
Doleful around are desperate for you

Wish I to learn one more thing from you
That how can I bid you a real 'thank you'

Changes in me are really so great,
Shook off my pains and gloomy fate

A peaceful restlessness your talks give me
Made me strong and have set me free

My honour, my teacher and the list goes on
Inspiration of mine is dear Waqas Kh'an.

~Asif Sultan Matta
(Dedicated to his beloved teacher)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANCHORING SCRIPT (ANNUAL FUNCTION) MADE BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.

Anchoring Script for Fancy Dress Competition

QIRAT COMPETITION (ISLAMIC SEMINAR) ANCHORING SCRIPT BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.