My heart, thy host: a poem by Asif Sultan

My heart, thy host
Asif Sultan 
01-01-2021

Gazing at canvas pearly white 
Direly wish I to paint it sweet
Thy countenance so blessed and bright 
Committing thee to painting sheet
Behold it I with great delight

Afraid am I of distortion
Of details that I recall now
Beloved's face: like glaring sun
Melts off the snow in vast meadow
Onus of memory how to shun? 

Let me carry the burden tough
Of thy memories so sweet though old
Nay, mind can bear thy face enough
To paint it on the paper gold
No portray nor poetry thereof.

The host of thee my heart will be
Let worn out mind be all set free. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANCHORING SCRIPT (ANNUAL FUNCTION) MADE BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.

Anchoring Script for Fancy Dress Competition

QIRAT COMPETITION (ISLAMIC SEMINAR) ANCHORING SCRIPT BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.