As I recall--a poem by Asif Sultan Matta

AS I RECALL

Pinches, tender-nudges, hand rubs and smiles;
Reverie of day, longing arises;

Darkness of night, my tears daubed face,
Foster in me a strange solace;

Forget I not that cruel storm,
That tore my heart and wretched my charm;

And shook my world, and dimmed the shine,
Ruined love of yours and dreams mine;

Do I recall those days and nights,
Everyday’s trysts and talking delights;

Do I recall those tears of yours,
Harboured I for a deep remorse;

That I could not wipe them off face
Which had faded your grin and grace…

ASIF SULTAN
19/04/2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANCHORING SCRIPT (ANNUAL FUNCTION) MADE BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.

Anchoring Script for Fancy Dress Competition

QIRAT COMPETITION (ISLAMIC SEMINAR) ANCHORING SCRIPT BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.