Reflections! a poem by Asif Sultan Matta

Reflections
Asif Sultan Matta
01-01-2018

I can see the dust and smoke
Drifting out of the mirror,
Of the violent riots going on between my anarchistic selves,
I had a little glimse of, soon after
I gazed into it to see myself,
Obscuring its glassy screen
And ceasing my sight to go any further...

I closed my poor eyes,
Endeavouring to recapitulate
the sight of the violent warriors
I only could have the glimpse of

Three men and several others
Zealously in a ruinous row
One, with a demoniac countenance
Casting his arrows at the other two

Other, with his iron head,
is wading through the corpses
Of the slain ones,
And heading to an arsenal...

One more, garbed in shining cloak
With the blemishes red all over
Crawling and panting
Weak and wounded
Skirting away from his fuming foes.

Cacophonous cries
And barbarous fights
My mirror flashed
As I gazed into it...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ANCHORING SCRIPT (ANNUAL FUNCTION) MADE BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.

Anchoring Script for Fancy Dress Competition

QIRAT COMPETITION (ISLAMIC SEMINAR) ANCHORING SCRIPT BY ASIF SULTAN MATTA.